Monday, November 5, 2007

Welcome tray

I needed to mention that we were welcomed to Clouds End with a Welcome tray that included some toffee biscuits, caramel wafers, the below-mentioned Farl, savoury twists, some butter and eggs, a bottle of Australian 2006 Yellowtail Cabernet Sauvignon, and some sparkling Malvern Hills mineral water. We didn't open the Yellowtail last night, because we were still finishing the 2005 Crozes-Hermitage from the northern Rhone Valley. I had hoped that it would be a nice change to get a genuine Shiraz (although they call it Syrah), but it was rather disappointing. More like weak cordial than anything else, really. I'm sure there must be some decent wines out there for me somewhere (without paying megabucks!), but perhaps I need Geraldine and Bernard to show me where. We'll have the Yellowtail with (Toulouse) sausages and mash tonight.

Thanks to Suzie Neill (of Clouds End) for the tray!

No comments: