Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back to work

Well nearly. It seems that Buros, the newly-named god of paperwork has smiled upon me. I'll be back at work on Monday, although taking a slightly longer-than-usual lunch break to shift a piano. My paper is progressing too - perhaps currently at 80%. I hope that doesn't mean I've only invested 20% of the necessary effort. Maybe I'm at 90%.

The Choral Jazz and Pop day concert this afternoon was lots of fun. The children (all 150 of them) really seemed to enjoy themselves, and even the parents who were invited to join in with some singing and actions broke into smiles several times.

I'm a little ashamed not to have located the article on Pounds Sterling when my question arose earlier. But my Internet access situation was a sufficient excuse. It seems that a pound was originally the value of a pound (lb, from libra, scales or justice) of silver.

No comments: