Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Place names

We all know that there are weird placenames in every country (except perhaps Ghana), and it probably won't be very amazing to hear the small selection that I have here, but I wanted to record them somewhere and tell someone, so here they are: On the way to Tewkesbury from Malvern, one drives past Shuthonger, then Twynings, and then the best of all, Puckrup.

The new laptop is back tonight, but the chequebook is £70 lighter. I've ordered a £10 USB thingy into which I can plug an IDE or SATA hard drive, so perhaps when that comes, I will be able to do the job myself. Of course, after the computer comes back from warranty repairs, I'll never need it, except when I want to recover data from my desktop HDDs. I was a bit grumpy about having to pay the full price, and the waiting around at school and the late night last night didn't help the mood much.

I'm trying to organise clothes etc at work so that I can ride to work, but the forecast for tomorrow includes heavy rain and gales, so I may take a "rain check?" on the riding. Or maybe if I get up early enough, I can go for a purely recreational (rather than functional) ride. But that would probably be a little too decadent.

No comments: