Sunday, December 2, 2007

Eastnor


We did get to Eastnor this afternoon, and all the other things that I mentioned in yesterday. We're just home from the choir dinner, where the food and company were both fine, so I can't stay up too much later. I'll try to add a couple of photos sometime. Christopher found some tractors. I tried to make a seven-photo panaorama, but although they overlapped nicely, the software just wouldn't stitch them together properly. Maybe I'll learn more about it as I go.






But I wanted to mention, while I remember, that I found a proper wine shop: the Ledbury Wine Cellar. They are located next to Eastnor Castle, and they had a small store there, where I saw their catalog. They have it on the web too, so if anyone has any recommendations, let me know!

There were 6 different reds available at The Crown tonight, and I tried two: a Californian 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon "Grey Fox", and a Chilean Merlot (which I found barely drinkable). There are much better Cabernets around, so I don't need to remember too much, but it was ok.

No comments: