Friday, December 28, 2007

Feast and Followup

Here's a picture of our Christmas table. Christopher has an ambulance on his tray - one of several such additions to his garage. The size of the feast meant that some kind of family exercise was required for Boxing day.

We didn't prevaricate at all, although there was some hint of procrastination. (Are those words ever confused?) But eventually at about 11, we set off for the hamlet of Hollybush, almost at the southern end of the hills, for the Midsummer Hill circuit. Joanna thinks that this has been her favourite walk with the Mums so far, so we joined the happy throng. What else would people do in Malvern?

In the evening, Helen, Stephanie, and I wandered off to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs pantomime at the Malvern Theatres. It was (as one would expect from the price) well put together, and very entertaining. Helen's favourite quote:
Queen (to Muddles, the jester): You idiot. How stupid can you be!
Muddles: How stupid would you like me to be?

Today has been a reading day for me, trying to join lots of quantum dots together. Well, I shouldn't say it that way, lest I get myself (or those observing this blog) entangled. I'm trying to get myself into a super position to understand quantum computing issues. But having escaped any detailed study of such concepts at uni, I have trouble keeping everything coherent in my mind, and I feel like it will collapse. But really, there's no basis for me carrying on like this - it's not normal. But I want to get some things sorted before we commute to Paris and back for the long weekend.

No comments: