Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Radio programs of note

I meant to mention a couple of interesting radio programs that I've listened to recently.

There's been a 3-part series on the human voice on BBC Discovery. It looks like the audio won't stay for long, but it talked about pitch, harmonics, filtering, vowels, what makes a voice sound nice, how voices blend well (basses don't need to be too exact with their tuning; tenors should make the climaxes of their phrases sharp to sound like Jussi, and sopranos need to be careful).

I also liked the ABC Radio National Health Report discussion on perception of risk. Judgement and Decision Making is the topic of this journal.

That also reminds me of the interesting blog at consequently.org. Greg and I shared some undergrad lectures at UQ.

No comments: