Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekly interesting links

Moral distance in dictator games
Interesting economic experiments trying to look at morals.

BBC - Radio 4 - All in the Mind
Time stands still or slows down when you think you're about to die.
what i still don't know: Tools: Enablement or Control

Some tools let you do things well, others try (unwittingly?) to force you into a certain mindset. Need to think carefully about software I write.

Courageous E-mail To Boss In Drafts Folder Since December | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
I don't know anyone who does this...

Google Knol (a competitor or complement to the almighty wikipedia).
I'm not sure I like what I see so far. That word "authoritative" bugs me, somehow - what a rampant post-modernist relativist I must be. But I'm glad there is a well-resourced alternative model out there, so that they can compete. I wonder if there will be any cross-fertilisation/evolution.

No comments: