Thursday, May 8, 2008

Snowed under


It's been so long since I last wrote. Things that I need to report:
  • Trips we did with the Grandparents
  • Dinner with Helen and Keith
  • Trips we did with Glennn and Megan
  • French Battlefields tour
  • Paris, Champagne, Reims
  • Trip to Germany to visit my 3rd cousins and the girls' 4th cousins - not to mention Castle Jesberg! (can't resist putting in a picture here)
  • Grandparents return to Australia
  • Choir competition coming up (and I have a cold)
  • Joanna's upcoming trips to London and the Orkneys.
I've been playing around with a Sudoku solver as a hobby programming task. I could rave on about the structure for pages, extolling the virtues of my loosely-coupled event-driven design. I will confess that it wasn't entirely test-driven, but I'm getting better!

The extended daylight at the moment is interesting - I mowed the lawn between 7:30 and 8:00pm. I've had to put up an extra layer of curtain to help the girls sleep - they giggle to see the daylight after 9pm. And there's still about 6 weeks to the solstice...

Did I tell you the one about the airline fares? I rang Qantas to ask about a 1-way economy class trip London-Hawaii-Brisbane. They said that it would be £3300! I know it's not a very obvious route, but that seems crazy. Then they admitted that I could do it as part of a round-the-world ticket for only £1300. It must be fascinating to see all the factors that these people consider when they set their ticket prices & conditions.

No comments: